Dr. Kamyar M. Hedayat, MD is the president of the American Society of Endobiogenic Medicine and Integrative Medicine, and medical director of Full Spectrum Health Center: An Endobiogeny Medical Center. Originally trained in pediatric intensive care medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Hedayat’s early career focused on pediatric medical ethics. Dr. Hedayat was director of integrative medicine and pediatric intensive care where he created the first holistic pediatric intensive care unit in 2005. In 2007 he started his training with Dr. Jean-Claude Lapraz in Endobiogeny. Currently he trains doctors in the United States and Europe, is actively engaged in research on Endobiogeny, and is in clinical practice. Dr. Hedayat is married with four children and spends his free time with them in the woods, learning new stuff, or writing poetry.
- Endobiogenic Medicine: as systematic and scientific method of practicing a deep level of holistic medicine while telling the story of the interconnectedness of all life forms.
- Moving beyond functional levels of standard lab testing to using the relationship between biomarkers to find the root cause of imbalance and illness.
- How hormones manage biology, tissue, and organ function.
- A deeper level of understanding why a patient is sick allows practitioners to individualize treatment and get better results.
- How a school of fish can teach us a better system of medicine.
- The endocrine system coordinates and manages all the other systems in the body including itself.
- Why Dr. Hedayat doesn’t measure blood hormone levels and what he tests instead to understand the endocrine system effect on health and disease.
- Making patients the center of the visit.
- Using common blood tests to practice advanced medicine.
- Relationships are what it’s all about and celebrating interdependence day.
- The womb of life is the bone marrow.
- Dr. Hedayat on botanical medicine, “A living system needs a living treatment. A complex system needs a complex treatment. The body is a complex living system and plants are really the only thing that are intelligent enough to work at the level of the intelligence of the body.”
- Plant compounds work on groups of compounds in the body, making them a very efficient medicine.
- “There’s no alternative to good medicine. So there’s really no such thing as alternative medicine.” -Dr. Hedayat
- The joy of holistic practice.
LABS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Complete Blood Count with White Blood Cell and Platelet Differential
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Alkaline Phosphatase Bone Isoenzymes
- Lactic Acid Dehydrogenase
- Creatine Kinase
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
LINKS & RESOURCES
- American Society of Endobiogenic Medicine and Integrative Medicine
- Connect with Dr. Kamyar Hedayat at the Full Spectrum Health Center.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave us a review on iTunes, and share the show with your friends, colleagues, and your doctor.
Dr. DeFrancesco partners with patients seeking a smarter & sustainable approach to health by doing the detective work to uncover root cause(s) and design a personalized and comprehensive plan that includes nutrition, lifestyle, functional medicine, and root cause therapies.
This approach benefits people who are seeking help with chronic inflammatory conditions, autoimmunity, thyroid conditions, digestive problems, brain health, and health optimization.